Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My not-so-great day

Today Austin decided that he needed to be a little more independent. I knew this would happen at some point but I did not expect it to happen so quickly. Austin absolutely refused to take a nap until about 2:00pm and cried like there was no tomorrow on and off throughout the day (I guess he thought this made him a big boy, but I thought it made him seem more like a one month old.) However, what's a mother to do when she wants her son to independent -eventually :D

The chaos did not end there. When I fed Austin Squash today he decided, going with the big boy trend, that he would feed himself. The pictures below describe it better then I could ever write it out -
I had to get my own spoon so that he could actually eat. BTW his bib says "Feed Me" I thought it was quite funny.

So, after all the crying and only one nap I was sure that bedtime would be a cinch! Oh was I wrong... at first it was a success, he fell right asleep while he was eating. Then he thought it would be oh so cool to wake up just an hour later. Well it was another hour struggle and he was finally asleep. So now here I sit 10:00 at night writing to relieve the stress of a crazy day. To say the least I look forward to a better tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennie-
Here is the attention you are craving! I read every entry to your blog and truly enjoy it. I do only check it every couple of days, but it is a great way for me to check up on your life! I really enjoy hearing about your life as a new mom so keep it up~ Jynelle